- One of the most popular and inspiring quotes Bhagwan gave us is 'Love All, Serve All'.
- The other being 'Help Ever, Hurt Never'.
- But I have been touched by the quote at PC Auditorium, 'Paraoparartham idam Shareeram' ( this body is to serve others)
- Swami lived by those ideals, showed us we can actually practice. As such He told us, 'My life is My message'
- Of course, now our efforts are to live by His ideals and make 'our Life is His Message' true, as our love & gratitude to Bhagwan.
Swami has said even if we live by just one of His teachings, bliss guaranteed. Not easy, but not impossible, with Divine Grace. Of course, we have a choice !
In today's quote Swami tells us about how to actually practice His teaching, 'Love All'. And, as always, it starts with each one of us. Charity truly begins at home. Let us try to make the world around us filled with love and thus make 'our lives, His message'.
The first step to love all and serve all is to expand love in your own homes. You must revere and please your parents who gave you this chance to live and learn. If you ill-treat them or inflict grief on their minds, how can you ever gladden others by service and understanding? You know that when a balloon is blown, it bursts and the air inside it merges with the vast limitless expanse outside. Similarly your love must fill your home, then the society you live, and finally burst open to spread in the Universe. A drop of water held in the palm is soon evaporated; but drop it into the sea and it survives as a part of the sea. It assumes the name and the taste, the majesty and might of the sea! Cultivate Love; sow the seeds of love in all hearts, everywhere around you. That is My Wish, My Mission!- Divine Discourse, 25 July 1975 (Courtesy Radio Sai)
Imagine the impact we all can make if we live by this beautiful lesson from our beloved Lord. Let us try our best....