Oh Bangalore !
Over the previous decade (1990's), I used to visit Bangalore regularly. Then, it dropped as it became strictly official ! While the city evolved from a green, cool & quite spiritual city to a IT hub, the frequency dropped dramatically. It also became ‘Bengaluru’ and I moved out of the country. Hence, it was after a big gap of nearly a decade ( how time flies!) that I travelled to the city of gardens… ( as it used to be!)
· The leaves of BLR are not green ! ! ! They are brownish, yes only ‘ish’, as the plants & trees are covered with dust…at most parts of the city, I travelled over the three days.
· Just as I observed about amchi Mumbai earlier, ‘namma Bengaluru’ has become very aggressive too!! We are not known for observing traffic discipline. But, at least we used to respect others & had basic courtesy for fellow human-beings.
· For the majority of young techies, and others (from Blore/Karnataka/India and abroad), how much we ‘own up’? How many of us think of the world around us ? For how many of us the city is actually ‘namma’ city !
· I found the city very polluted & noisy also. The area outside the city was very cool, clear and peaceful, compared to the city. And so much construction activity... ! But the roads continue to be inadequate. Cleanliness has dropped to a new low !!
· Have you disrespected nature? Confess now ( courtesy – DNA @ http://www.dnaindia.com/
mumbai/report_have-you- disrespected-nature-confess- now_1634048). If we believe God is the Purusha and the entire creation is Prakriti, we should all head to a confession booth & also start working on how to reduce addition to pollution.