- The recent events brought an end to the excessive obsession of Indian media, TV channels to be specific, to the recent court ruling on gay rights. We have so many problems to handle. But, media will always ensure they don't miss an opportunity to give extra focus on a 'hot' (sic!) topic. Is TRP everything ? Shame of channels like NDTV which has mastered the art of playing sickening topics (gay rights) and visuals of a sad story (Professor Bhatnagar being carried away after the attack) again and again... Is this responsible media ?
Sadly other developments were no source of relief ! But at least media has a new topic(s) to focus on to keep up/improve their TRP
- Tragic accident at delhi. Delhi metro is one of rare symbols of modern India's engineering excellence. We all are proud of it. The way the project came up, in the heart of dili-ke-dil, chandni chowk, is a brilliant proof of professional execution, at its best. The way Mr Sreedharan opted to quit is an example of true leadership. Let us hope the project, despite the post-quake-tremor-type accident, cranes coming down today, the project moves ahead...
- Another unique leader is cornered -Kerala CM, VS Achuthanandan. CPM politbureau has dropped him from PB and not taken any action against Pinarayi Vijayan. Achuthanandan, another popular leader in the mould of Nayanar, Achutha Menon and the great EMS, would have preferred a more respectful exit ( whatever be the provocations !) The former LS Speaker (Somda Chatterjee) fought back professionally, completed his tenor with near-perfection and stepped out in style. Let us hope VS also takes a similar path. He owes it to the thousands of his supporters... India has very few political leaders of their stature.
- Chattisgarh has just witnessed one of the worst Maoist. That is no communism, what Karl Marx and Lenin prescribed !!
- More painful is the ruling on a murder of a professor at a university in Ujjain. Our tradition is Acharya Devo bhava. But a guru is brutally killed in the holy city of Ujjain! I had seen a budding politician at Nagpur airport, few years back. Today, he is the Union HRD Minister. All his plans for our is of zero value ( Zero, courtesy another great Indian!), if we do not base our education and educational institutions on our core values - respect for culture/elders, etc. A silent majority of educated Indians are demanding justice...
- Last but not the least, hoonch tragedy in the land of Mahatma !!! So there is a parallel liquor industry thriving in this state where booz is banned. It causes deaths! Gujarath's political leadership should either implement the ban on booz or bury it so that the state does not lose precious lives and not-so-precious tax on liquor! ( Hard choice??)
Testing times for Political Leadership of India!