Sunday, October 19, 2008

Kite Runner

Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini
This is one book, which was part of my list for quite sometime. When I started reading, I got hooked. Very few books have got me so hooked...
It captures the struggle of a country in strife. Author narrates the contemperory history of Afghanishan thru the lives of two children and the world around them... both in early childhood and subsequently when they grow up. The author keeps highlighting the negative part of the main character's personality.
An entire generation seem to be losing out on their childhood... Quite a moving story... Strongly recommended.

2 comments:

LC said...

It would be a good idea to add this book too "A Thousand Splendid Suns". Must read book of his !

SUBS said...

I almost picked up at the book stall, but opted for The Appeal by John Grisham. Plan to read it thereafter