Saturday, August 16, 2008

Abhinav Bindra

India wins first ever solo Olympic gold, says a report in this part of the world. Some other points were inspiring ...:

  • "It's the best feeling of my life," said an elated Bindra, a winner of India's highest sporting award, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (sports jewel), in 2001.
  • "I was just trying to concentrate on shooting, I was not thinking about making history.
  • "For me life will go on. All my life I have just been punching holes in a blank piece of paper target". I think that is the secret behind his success... Focus and Descipline
  • "But I sincerely hope this win will change the face of Olympic sport in India. In our country, Olympic sports are not really a priority, I hope now they will get more attention." Indeed, we need to go beyond Cricket. Jeev Milkha Singh, Vishy Anand, etc deserves more from us, the sports-crazy nation !

You can check out his blog from my list of blogs ...(http://abhinavbindra.blogspot.com/)

No comments: